- Dalbir Singh Sandhu, MD
- Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44102, United States.
Special Issue Introduction
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the 5th most common cancer and the third leading cause of cancer related deaths worldwide as estimated by World health Organization. An increased trend in mortality rates related to HCC has been observed in most countries over recent decades. Apart from chronic viral illnesses (Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C) and alcohol liver disease, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is emerging as an important etiology for the development of HCC. Despite our increased understanding about the molecular pathogenesis of HCC, the diagnosis and management of HCC still poses a challenge to clinicians. Recent years have noted a surge in newer diagnostic modalities (imaging, molecular markers, etc.) for HCC. The treatment approaches including newer molecular targets especially for advanced HCC are also rapidly evolving. This special issue will focus on the new perspectives in the diagnosis and management of HCC.
Participants1. Tumor Growth Rates and Recurrence-Free Survival in Chronic Viral Hepatitis Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma (submitted, under processing)
Myron Tong HMRI Liver Ctr, Pasadena; Pfleger Liver Institute and the Division of Digestive Diseases, University of California
Dahlia Kak HMRI Liver Ctr, Pasadena
2. CT of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Imaging Characteristics and Inter-rater Agreement (submitted, under processing)
Ishan Garg1, Scott M. Thompson1, Shannon P. Sheedy1, Taofic Mounajjed2, Ashish Khandelwal1, Eric C. Ehman1, Candice A. Bookwalter1, and Sudhakar K. Venkatesh1
1. Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN, USA, 55905
2. Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN, USA, 55905
3. Updates in immunotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma (submitted, under processing)
Flair José Carrilho São Paulo Clínicas Liver Cancer Group – Hospital das Clínicas Complex, Division of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Gastroenterology, University of São Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil.
Leonardo da Fonseca São Paulo Clínicas Liver Cancer Group – Hospital das Clínicas Complex, Division of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Gastroenterology, University of São Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil.
4. Biopsy of Hepatic Nodular Lesions: Which is the Role Today
Mauro Borzio U.O.C. Gastroenterologia
5. Updates in Newer Tumor Markers in the Diagnosis of HCC
Premashis Kar Max Super Speciality Hospital
6. Non-surgical Therapies of Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Kaoru Tsuchiya Musashino Red Cross Hospital
7. Radiofrequency Ablation for Small Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Are We Doing Enough?
Giampiero Francica Pineta Grande Hospital
8. Ion Channels in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Potential Tools for Diagnosis, Prognosis and Therapy
J. Camacho Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados
9. An update on the histological subtypes of hepatocellular carcinoma
Regina Lo University of Hong Kong
10. New Frontiers in Percutaneous Therapies for Locally Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Riccardo Inchingolo IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli
11. Technical Update on TACE
Sapna Puppala Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
12. DAA Therapy and HCC Risk
Monika Pazgan-Simon Wroclaw Medical University
13. Liver Transplantation and Radioembolization Alone and as Neo-adjuvant Therapy for Large HCCs
Brian I. Carr Department of Liver Cancer Biology, Liver
14. Advances in Loco-regional Therapies for Hepatocellular Harcinoma
Khurram Mazhar Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, UT Southwestern Medical Center; Division of Gastroenterology, VA North Texas Health Care System; Dallas VA Medical Center
15. Role of Different Bio-markers in Case of HCC
Syed Haque Dept of Biochemistry,Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
16. Molecular Diagnosis of HCC in Non-cirrhotic Liver - an Update
Archana Rastogi Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences
Gayatri Ramakrishna Additional Professor, Dept. of Molecular & Cellular Medicine, ILBS, Delhi.
17. Surgical Strategies for Centrally Located Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Emilio De Raffele Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale Dipartimento dell' Apparato Digerente Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria di Bologna Policlinico S. Orsola-Malpighi University of Bologna, Bologna
18. HCC and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease an Important Etiology for the Development of This Liver Tumor
Helma P. Cotrim Titular de Gastroenterologia e Hepatologia - Departamento de Medicina e Apoio Diagnóstico; Coordenadora do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Medicina e Saúde; Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia - Universidade Federal da Bahia; Líder do Grupo de Pesquisas em Esteato - Hepatite Não Alcoólica - CNPq/UFBA
Submission Deadline31 Oct 2019