A special issue of Hepatoma Research
ISSN 2454-2520 (Online), ISSN 2394-5079 (Print)
Submission deadline: 25 Aug 2022
The scarcity of suitable deceased donors and a large amount of patients in need of a liver transplant has pushed liver transplant centers into the further development of living donor liver transplantation. Technology advances and evolving surgical skills have made donor surgery safer and faster. Graft implantation techniques to avoid small for size syndrome also provided the expansion of living donor liver transplantation in adults. In the years to come, the liver transplant society may expect a shift in the indications for liver transplantation, both with the evolution in the treatment of HCC, the unfortunate growing indications for liver transplant in NASH and the current results in the treatment of HCC out of Milan criteria and selected cholangiocarcinomas. This special issue will focus on the aspects of living donor liver transplantation for the treatment of HCC and cholangiocarcinoma, including laparoscopic and robotic donor surgery and the multidisciplinary treatment employed for both diseases.
This special issue calls for original or review manuscripts, perspectives, opinions and commentary, etc. on different aspects, including but not limited to:
- Laparoscopic and robotic donor surgery
- Survival advantage for LDLT in HCC
- How far can we go in the indication for LDLT in HCC outside Milan?
- Current indications for LDLT for cholangiocarcinoma
- Technical challenges in LDLT - overcoming small for size síndrome and venous reconstruction
- Dual grafts and auxiliary liver transplantation
- LDLT for HCC in the east - where do we stand?
- LDLT for HCC in the west - where do we stand?
- Long term follow up in the living donor - physical and psychological impacts
- The impact of tumor biology in the indication and results of LDLT for advanced HCC
Articles of special issue are free of charge for article processing.
For Author Instructions, please refer to http://hrjournal.net/pages/view/author_instructions
For Online Submission, please login at https://oaemesas.com/login?JournalId=hr&SpecialIssueId=hr220430
Submission Deadline: 25 Aug 2022
Contacts: Paula Dong, Assistant Editor, editor_Paula@hrjournal.net