- David C. Madoff, MD, FSIR, FACR, FCIRSE
Professor of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging and Medical Oncology; Vice Chair for Clinical Research, Radiology & Biomedical Imaging; Section Chief, Interventional Radiology; Co-Director of Yale Interventional Oncology Research Lab from Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA.
Website | E-mail
- Lucatelli Pierleone, MD, PhD, EBIR, FCIRSE
Department of Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy.
Website | E-mail
Special Issue Introduction
This special issue edited by Dr. David C. Madoff and Dr. Lucatelli Pierleone on “Interventional Radiology in Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma” invites original or review manuscripts, perspectives, opinions, and commentary, etc. on different aspects, including but not limited to:
1. BCLC 2022 – How will it impact the use of liver-directed therapies?
2. Artificial intelligence and its role in guiding liver-directed therapy for HCC: is it ready for prime time?
3. Imaging after liver-directed therapy: a 2022 update from the LI-RADS Therapeutic Response Working Group
4. Image-guided percutaneous strategies to improve the resectability of HCC: portal vein embolization, liver venous deprivation, or radiation lobectomy?
5. Ablation for early-stage HCC: should it be used as first-line therapy?
6. Robotics in IR: how can this help in the treatment of HCC?
7. Transarterial therapies for HCC: how to decide the best option for a specific patient?
8. Novel strategies to improve results of transarterial therapy: balloon occlusion and beyond
9. What’s new in advanced imaging technology to guide transarterial therapies?
10. Combining liver-directed therapy with immune-oncology for HCC: is there a real benefit?
Participants1. Pierleone Lucatelli Vascular and Interventional Radiology Unit, Department of Radiological, Oncological, and Anatomo-Pathological Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy.
2. David Madoff Yale School of Medicine and Yale Cancer Center/Smilow Cancer Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA.
3. Cristina Mosconi Department of Radiology, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria di Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
4. Renato Argirò UOSD Radiologia Interventistica, University Hospital Policlinico Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy.
5. Umberto Rozzanigo "Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, ""S. Chiara"" Hospital, Azienda Provinciale Per I Servizi Sanitari Trento, Trento, Italy."
6. Giacomo Luppi Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, Via Alvaro del Portillo, Roma, Italy.
7. Lorenzo Costa Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Minimally Invasive Surgery and New Technologies, San Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy.
8. Francescolorenzo Gatti Department of Radiology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy.
9. Cyriac A. Philips Clinical and Translational Hepatology, The Liver Institute, Center of Excellence in GI Sciences, Rajagiri Hospital, Aluva, India.
10. Benjamin Spieler Department of Radiation Oncology, Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, USA.
11. Lorraine Portelance Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA.
12. Elena Panettieri Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA.
13. Guilherme Moura Cunha
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, St. Louis, MO, USA.
14. Guy E. Johnson Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. USA.
15. Anisha Banda Firefighters' Burn and Surgical Research Laboratory, MedStar Health Research Institute, Washington, DC, USA.
16. Steven S. Raman Department of Radiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California,USA.
17. Pedram Keshavarz Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
18. Sandeep Arora Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, USA.
The list is arranged in no particular order and being updated.
Submission Deadline 1 Jul 2022